It is a sad news for the University of Lagos as they lost two of their undergraduates in hotel fire yesterday.

Roli Odogwu and Linda Elegeonye,  200-Level Mass Communication student and 300-Level Law student of University of Lagos respectively died in a mid-night fire at Lagos hotel.

According to reports, the two went for an occasion outside the school and lodge in an hotel when they discovered it was too late to go back to school.

At mid-night the fire started from a faulty air conditioner, they were deep asleep and trapped inside the room before they were rescued. The students reportedly died of burns, days after they were trapped.

They sustained first-degree burns. They were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital.

Last Saturday, Roli died at 4am and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba. On Sunday, news broke that Linda, who had been in coma for six days, had also died.

RIP to them.

Pictures below: